St. Luke’s Health is searching for a Chief Humankindness Officer
To spread humankindness throughout Houston and beyond, St. Luke’s Health will hold an open, in-person casting call search for children ages 5-12 to have the chance to serve as an honorary Chief Humankindness Officer.
If your child has the ability to lift up other people’s spirits through motivational and encouraging words, and can showcase the power of kindness and human connection, we want to see them in person!
Saturday, May 21
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Silver Street Studios at Sawyer Yards
2000 Edwards Street Houston, TX 77007
Walk-in participants are welcome.
Casting call FAQs
The Chief Humankindness Officer is an honorary role with St. Luke’s Health in Texas and may include:
- The opportunity to be selected for an upcoming St. Luke’s marketing effort.
- The chance to hone their craft during a one-on-one session with a local casting director.
- Share their words of encouragement and positivity – Children will be recorded delivering no more than 30 seconds of content. Think about how they’d cheer someone up or encourage them to tackle a challenge. What motivational words would they say to put a smile on someone’s face, or to create a positive impact?
- Answer the question “What does humankindness mean to you?” – We’d love to hear each participant’s answer to this question: What does humankindness mean, and how do you show it through interactions with others?
- Creativity – How creative can your child make the delivery of their words of encouragement? We don’t need to see a choreographed song and dance, but what can your child do to make them stand out?
- Connection to humankindness – Showcasing the power of kindness and human connection is at the core of our search, so make sure your child is communicating these themes.
- Originality – There is a vast amount of existing motivational quotes, but we want to hear your child’s own perspective. Everything your child shares during the casting call should reflect their personal, original thoughts.
- Overall likability – We’re looking for a child who has a pleasant demeanor and can get along with others. An excitement for sharing motivation and encouragement with others should feel contagious.
All children should be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
When it is your child’s turn to enter the casting call room, we respectfully ask that parents/guardians, siblings, other family members or friends stay outside of the casting room. Should a parent or guardian need to accompany a younger child into the casting room, we ask that they stand off to the side during the conversation with the casting director.
There will be no childcare available at the casting call.
Parents and guardians of interested children can sign up here. Children can also register on the day of the casting call.
While walk-in participants will be accommodated, we encourage pre-registration, here.
What is Hello humankindness?
Humankindness is at the center of everything we do. We believe humanity and kindness are at the heart of healing. Powerful alone, but better together. They inspire what we do for our patients and what we do for each other.
Hello humankindness is a movement where we can share stories of real people showing the power of kindness and human connection.